Rattan is a kind of palm tree grown in Australia, Asia, and Africa. Although it comes from the palm family there is no resemblance to it. It is long and slender and looks like a vine tree.
Since its branches are weak, they try to look for support and encircle themselves with other nearby vegetation. This plant is easy to grow that is why most planters prefer rattan trees in comparison to any other timber tree.
Due to its lightweight, more and more rattan trees can be economically exported to many places. The thicker version of rattan trees is used to prepare stronger material. It is largely used in making furniture and storage baskets. They are unique to look at and can be created in different shapes and designs.
You can also use rattan hampers for your bathroom and use rattan boxes to package gifts such as candies, flowers, and many other things that can be presentable.
There are many advantages of increasing the usage of rattan –
- It is grown faster than any other timber, therefore, it plays a major role in saving nature.
- It is flexible which allows the basket to carry a load of goodies without cracking or breaking.
- Rattan is water and heat resistant which means, if you keep it outside the house it doesn’t spoil because of changing climatic conditions.
- It can be cleaned easily by dry or wet cloth depending upon the dust that has settled.
- It is so light that you can use it in your daily life like carrying clothes for laundry or keeping your children’s toys organized.
- Since it is widely used in many ways and is easy to grow therefore, its production is also eco-friendly.
Due to its artistic designs and its durability a rattan basket or furniture can be used in any place. Since people are moving more towards saving t he environment therefore using rattan based products should be the initial step.