These are the few things that one should know before buying the best high pressure shower head.
- Style: The finish and color of your showerhead should match the tub filler and faucet. The style should a similar look as well but doesn’t have to match necessarily. The showerheads that are available today not only provide massage, but they also offer various spray patterns from a fine mist to drenching rain.
- Self-clean test: A showerhead with the feature of self-clean is very important if you live in a place where there is hard water. If you live in a place of salt water, you should ask for a protective coating for brass and chrome fixtures. The coating helps in maintaining the appearance without pitting, tarnishing and discoloration.
- Spray: There are several types of showerheads available in the market. Choose something like a handheld with a well-controlled spray especially for children, pet or people who cannot stand in the shower. The wall-mounted shower is very common with a shower fixed on the ceiling. This may need more water. Body spray is the small ones installed on opposite walls. Such showerheads gently wash the body and have adjustable spray and force patterns.
- Flow: Showerheads with low-flow save water by restricting the flow with a smaller opening. The much mandate attempt to save water has reduced the flow to not exceeding 2.5 gallons for every minute. Some manufacturers provide restriction of flow mechanisms which reduce the levels even more. Though they save water, the temperature of the water may be lower than needed in such showerheads.
- Price verification: You will see a wide range of showerheads with different prices from $15 to more than $500 in the market. Normally, you will get what you pay for with cheaper models providing less warranty and features. If you are replacing your showerhead, you will want to choose just another one. But changing from a spray to an overhead showerhead may cost you more money as it included plumbing renovations. So, be wise and make a smart decision.